|Title||photo of office|
photo of Town Sergeant's office (copy)
The old Surface house on Main Street acrtoss from the courthouse and west of the present quarters of Salem Office Supply. In the late 1800's and early 1900's it was the office of the Town Sergeant, J. B. Frier (right). This property was razed in 1900 when it was owned by Mrs. Joel G. Fitzgerald and was remodeled into a residence. At left is Deputy Walter Boone.
|Collection||Frances Fitzgerald Collection|
The Ordinary House across from the Roanoke County Courthouse (Known as the surface House and now owned by Emily Turner). This was the Office of the Sergeant of the Town of Salem in the 1800 & early 1900. It was raised and placed on a new foundation and made into a residence- the owner was Mrs. Joel G. Fitzgerald.
June 2016 PastPerfect Conversion